Thursday, May 15, 2008

The lover who never made it...



I

The night was lonely…stars were bright…
& they…took off on their cargo plane…
Up & away to a journey beautifully destined…
Later…the death angels made a wish…

II

The lover…who never made it…

This is a story of a girl…who got married 10 years back…she is very happy with her man…she has a baby boy & a baby girl…her husband is gone for work…She is alone & watching TV on a dark cold evening…there was a news on TV…

“After many years, the remains of a cargo plane has been found…Few days ago, the black box of the airplane was recovered, from the ocean floor…when it was played following conversation of last 25 seconds in the cockpit before the crash was recovered…as per the recording, there was only the copilot present, the other pilot it seems was going behind to sleep…”

“Look there’s a shooting star…make a wish son…I’m off to sleep…”
After 3 seconds suddenly the warning bells inside the airplane cockpit rang
and it entered a dive…

Everything went dark that one moment…
“May day May day May day…”
The Copilot screamed for help…
There was no one that night…

His eyes closed & the last words he ever said were recorded…
“I will always love you rhythm…please forgive me…goodbye…”
and saw her face for the last time…in his heart…held her hand…
And then a loud explosion ended it all…

All this when broadcasted on TV,
the same girl hears it…
Her name was…rhythm…
The story begins…

III

Long ago a lover there was,
Who never could make it…
Moments with him didn’t last forever…
Journey of love then silently faded…

A girl he always loved…
In moments of his last breath…
heard him whisper her sweet name
like an ending before death…

She remembered her pilot…
A boy she loved so long ago…
looked at the lonely stars somewhere…
She searched him she didn’t know…

She thought a prayer he spoke of…
Something he secretly wrote...
Never she knew as he went far away…
Moments after he finally broke…

The prayer of a plant that was…
Written as if he already knew…
Their destinies would part as if...
Leaves of a plant without its dew…

“Dear god,

Promise you’ll make me a plant…
near the bed she’d dream…
One day she be loved again,
by a man of her dreams…

In his arms he would hold…
like an angel keep her warm…
My open arms would tell me then…
Prayers I had weren’t left forlorn…

In his arms she’d wake up…
to love him so very dearly…
Moments after in happy tears…
She’d look at me unknowingly…

The flowers I’d have one day…
she would smell so tenderly…
& then all her warm breaths…
would begin to fall on me…

A flower of me she’d pluck…
& gently then blow it away…
A moment…& she’d know…
I was never so far away…

Unknowingly she’d smile…
as I would watch her all day…
& bloom with her for a while…
Unknowingly she’d shy away…

One day she’d cry beside…
I’d treasure her tears like dew…
when they’ll fall so unknowingly…
my prayers would all come true…

On one of those leaves fallen…
when her tears sleep abreast…
a gift of god they shall be &...
Their journeys will come to rest…

My leaves would be a home…
for all of those fallen tears…
Like a journey of that lover…
who never made it all these years…

There would be a time when,
a butterfly would come to me…
I’d give away my love to her…
& she’d carry it for me…

I long to love her once dear god…
& I long to hold her hand…
But I could spend a lifetime with…
just her footprints in the sand…

There would be a day when-
her baby would crawl to me…
I would feel my unborn,
A journey of my own family…

How much would I cry then…
they would leave no mark…
I will stand in the quiet cold…
& pray for her in the dark…

There will be a moment when…
I’d fall asleep in loneliness…
Maybe she’d walk beside once…
& a dream of her would bless…

Whilst others would shiver god,
Flowers of winter I’d bore…
With every petal she'd pluck…
I’d begin to love her more…

You promise me god…
You wont make her cry…
I gave her to someone…
A last wish before I truly die…

There will be a moment when…
Out the window she’d silently stare…
Looking at her I’d open my arms…
& that would be…my last prayer…

If you ever made me a plant,
I’d live my life so true…
near her gentle footsteps god…
So dearly I’ll come to you…

Unknowingly she’d kiss one day…
my every falling breath…
Unknowingly she’d say goodbye…
& I’ll sleep in the arms of death…

Only if I could love her once…
I’ll pray to all those stars…
With every falling leaf I have…
With every broken flower…

Only if…you could make me a plant…
Near the bed she would dream…
Every morning I’d wait for her…
& wonder…what they had seen…

Maybe if she had dreamt of me…
Maybe she felt I was there…
One day she’d know of me…
there really was a prayer…”

IV

The prayer ended in her mind…
As she looked out…the window…
Stars they quietly stared at her…
Told a story she really wouldn’t know…

V

That very moment…

A shooting star crossed…
A timeless prayer that came true…
A journey it made of destinies lost…
& she whispered…“I want to see you…”

This moment…a little flower did fall…
from a Plant unknowingly kept nearby…
It touched her feet & made them wet…
tears they came…she glanced in her cry…

One by one flowers began to fall…
As if the plant had broken down…
It wept for all her forgiveness then…
As if his tears were there all around…

As if the journey of a petal was…
like the journey of a life faded…
As if the tears they told her a story…
of that lover who never made it…

The plant she then lifted &...
petals came down with her tears…
A destiny t'was so silently gifted…
With her he remained...all these years…

She kissed those petals as if…
there was warmth in every tear…
She cried so silently as if…
every touch said he was near…

Sleeping in the pages of her diary…
old petals of him she had kept…
She read those lines she wrote…
And the plant silently wept…

She told him those moments…
& the times she cried & broke…
She said “You left me so far away…
But now I know…the prayer you wrote…”

That night she sat beside…
On the floor he quietly slept…
Thought of those moments she…
spent unknowingly…& silently wept…

Next morning that came…
She woke & the plant had died…
The leaves were fallen…
The stem had dried…

The flowers had broken…
near the very dew…
The soil was moist…
had his tears too…

He stood there as if given birth…
to be loved like this one day…
The prayer of dying in her arms…
has come so true today…

VI

She is an old woman now…
She thought of him everyday…
She prays to god since then…
She will meet him one day…

From the day he died as a plant…
that shooting star, it never came…
The moment he died in her arms…
his last wish true it became…

The journey of that star was…
the journey of that lover…who never made it…
The plant he grew in still has…
the remains...of that lover who then made it…

The end…

The 4th line of the 3rd last para in (V), starts the beginning of a new story…
Part II of this write will be called “The boat maker…”


Inspiration:
1. Coldplay-The scientist
2. James Blunt- goodbye my lover…I carry you home.
3. Shrek- U belong to me…
4. Titanic
5. Vanilla sky OST
6. The lover who never made it…+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 comment:

Anu said...

The most beautiful and pure write I've ever read! It's my favorite write....and just can't stop reading it over and over :)

About the blog....the simplicity touched me....God bless :)